Gingher 6 inch Double-Curved Machine Embroidery Scissors
6 inch double-curved embroidery scissors, double-plated chrome over nickel, packaged in hangbag.
The double-curved design allows comfortable hand positioning and precise selection of threads in machine embroidery and also in the embroidery hoop. The frame curves up to reach over the edge of the embroidery hoop while the blades curve down to enable close cutting of the thread.
- Curved handle allows access to threads inside embroidery hoops
- Includes a 6-inch pair of double curved embroidery scissors
- Durable double-plated chrome-over-nickel finish
- Genuine Fiskars quality in a modern crafting tool
- Gingher Product
Gingher shears debuted in 1947 as a premier tool in the textile industry. By 1965, technology and top-notch engineering propelled these shears into an echelon of their own, with unsurpassed craftsmanship and quality. Today, Gingher continues in this tradition, offering the premier line of cutting implements in home sewing, crafts, needlework, and industry.
Meticulous attention to detail ensures the quality and performance of Gingher scissors is unsurpassed. With proper care Gingher scissors and shears will provide many years of trouble-free use and flawless cutting.
Tips and hints
- Selecting the right scissors for the right task is critical for optimum results and avoiding damage to your scissors. Only the safety point pocket scissors, featherweight household shears or one of the paper craft scissors are designed for cutting paper. All other scissors are designed for cutting fabric and/or thread.
- To avoid damage to the blade setting, never force a cut if you sense resistance. You may be using the wrong tool for the task, or your scissors or shears may need sharpening or repair.
- Store your scissors carefully using a fitted sheath or case.
- Be sure to fasten pins outside the cutting area to avoid encountering hard metal or plastic objects that might damage the scissors.
- Periodically wipe the inside blade surfaces to keep them free of lint; add a small drop of household oil at the assembly point to maintain smooth cutting action.
- Consider applying a light coating of oil on the scissors’ blades and edges to prevent rust, especially if you live in a coastal area, use the scissors in a humid environment, or want to store them for a long time.